Thursday, February 17, 2022

Decca #DL-74963


I'm going to be honest with you this record just isn't one of my favorites. I picked it up in a collection somewhere and while Claude Gray had some great stuff earlier in his career this record came out in the late 1960's when a lot of country artists were becoming what I call a country crooner. Ray Price and Eddy Arnold are two others that took the same path, while their earlier stuff is great and I enjoy it a lot after around 1965 or so I just don't like their music although I may post it here because it's in my collection because I picked it up here and there.

1. Night Life
2. Houston - Listen Below
3. Your Devil Memory
4. Little Ole Winedrinker Me
5. Crying Time
6. Crazy Arms
7. If I Ever Need A Lady (I'll Call You)
8. Once In Every Lifetime
9. The Easy Way Out
10. Because of Him
11. Don't Give Me A Chance

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Jud. I like the Nashville sound of Ray & Eddy. On an Interview Eddy was asked about that and replied, all I'm trying to do is sell records.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant no offense of course, a lot of people enjoy it but for me it just doesn't feel like country.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this album. I must say, Claude Gray is among my favorite country singers, and this album, in my opinion, is far from being bad country music.

    ReplyDelete